Happy New Year! Can you believe that it's 2011 already? It's kind of blowing my mind today. The last decade has blown by so quickly and yet, it was really the decade that I became so many new things - a wife, a mom, a crafty business owner... I even managed to switch jobs three times - from Marketing Director at a indie record store, to office manager of a commercial real estate office, to my current job of being the Mr. Wolf of a start-up orthepedic implant sales, design, and distribution company... crazy, right?
So, what will 2011 have in store for us? I'm pretty darn excited to find out. My Little Man will be turning two this year, The Hubs will finally be graduating from school and starting his career - 8 years in the making, we will hopefully be able to find and purchase a new house - maybe even one that has two bathrooms... what? I know, crazy...
What about resolutions for the New Year? I always try to make resolutions that are simple and that I might be able to keep. In 2007, I resolved to eat more mint. Yep, mint. It was my biggest failed resolution ever. I don't think I've touched anything minty in years. 2008 was to take more pictures. I didn't realize this resolution until the birth of my son in 2009, but thankfully, I'm better about keeping this resolution nowadays.
So, for 2011, I resolve to try and do the following:
1. Take more pictures - always need to keep this one on the list.
2. Blog more - My blogging took a nose dive this year and that's a shame because I enjoy it, so, I am going to try to commit myself to keeping a better eye on it this year.
3. Find time to be creative - with a Little Man around, my crafty business has fallen by the wayside, which is okay, I'd rather hang out with him, but I still need to have creativity in my life, so, this year, I resolve to creatively find ways to be more creative and crafty.
4. Stop being a stress ball - this last year of my husband's schooling has been the most challenging yet - financially, emotionally, pretty much every aspect of our lives has been affected by school and not necessarily in a good way. I need to resolve to go with the flow more and find solutions to situations instead of freaking out about them.
5. Continue to try and be the best mommy I can be - not that this even needs to be a 'resolution' - it's just good to have it on the list... as reference...
...and that's it... for now! I hope each and every one of you has a happy and healthy New Year!